The United States Civil Rights Trail was unveiled in 2018, during the 50th anniversary year of Rev. Martin Luther King’s assassination and the 155th anniversary year of President Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation.
The primary focus of this travel planner is to connect the Trail’s most significant sites and destinations, reference life stories, events, people and places along the Trail and generate a demand for unforgettable travel experiences.
The five pillars to be emphasized in this year’s magazine are:
- Community, which covers many of the trail’s churches
- Law, which centers on events at courthouses and state capitals
- Education, which applies to events at schools and universities
- Museums, which features all the impressive collections for the trail
- Social Justice, which highlights many civil rights sites that are etched in the nation’s memory